Assistant Professor (Ph.D. Texas State University-San Marcos, 2011), Director of the Utah Geo-Health Lab -- GIS and spatial methods in understanding and solving environmental health problems
- Office: Bldg 73 Room 218
- phone: 801-585-3972
- GIS & spatial methods
- Access to health care
- Health disparities
- Environmental exposure
- Mobile health
I am interested in using GIS and spatial methods to understand and solve environment/health problems. My current research covers four major topics: mobile health, environmental exposure, access to healthcare, and health disparities. More information of my research could be found at the website of the Utah Geo-Health Lab.
- Ph.D. - Texas State University-San Marcos (2011)
- Master of Science - Wuhan University (2006)
- Bachelor of Science - Wuhan University (2003)
- Medical Geography (GEOG 3090/5090)
- GIS and Public Health (GEOG 3190/5190)
- Geocomputation (GEOG 6010)
- Zou, B., Peng, F., Wan, N., Mamady, K., and Wilson, J. 2014. Spatial cluster analysis of air pollution exposure inequality in the United States. PLOS ONE 9 (3)
- Zou, B., Peng, F., Wan, N., Wilson, J. 2014. Sulfur dioxide exposure and environmental justice: a multi-scale and source-specific perspective. Atmospheric Pollution Research 5: 491-499.
- Wan, N., Lin, G. 2013. Life-space characterization from cellular telephone collected GPS data. Computers, Environment and Urban Systems 39: 63-70.
- Wan, N., Qu, W., Whitington, J., Witbrodt, B., Henderson, M., Goulding, E., Schenk, A., Bonasera, S., and Lin, G. 2013. Assessing smart phones for generating life space indicators. Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design 40(2): 350-361.
- Wan, N., Zhan, FB., Zou, B., and Wilson, JG. 2013. Spatial access to healthcare services and disparities in colorectal cancer stage at diagnosis in Texas. The Professional Geographer 65(3): 527-541.
- Wan, N., Zou, B., Sternberg, T. 2012. A three-step floating catchment area method for analyzing spatial access to health services. International Journal of Geographic Information Science 26(6): 1073-1089.
- Wan, N., Zhan, FB., Zou, B., and Chow, T. 2012. A relative spatial access assessment approach for analyzing potential spatial access to colorectal cancer services in Texas. Applied Geography 32(2): 291-299.
- Wan, N., Zhan, FB., Lu, Y., and Tiefenbacher, J. 2012. Access to health care and disparities in colorectal cancer survival in Texas. Health & Place 18(2): 321-329.
Ma, H., Wu, X., Zou, B., Meng, X., and Wan, N. 2012. An algorithm for daytime radiation fog detection based on MODIS/TERRA data over land. Journal of Applied Remote Sensing 6(1): 063589, doi: 10.1117/1.JRS.6.063589.
- Wan, N., Zhan, FB., and Cai, Z. 2011. Socioeconomic disparities in prostate cancer mortality and the impact of geographic scale. Southern Medical Journal 104(8): 553-559.
- Zhu, Q., Wu, B., and Wan, N. 2007. A filtering strategy for interest point detecting to improve repeatability and information content. Photogrammetric Engineering & Remote Sensing 73(5): 547-53.
- Zhu, Q., Wu, B., and Wan, N. 2007. A sub-pixel location method for interest points by means of the Harris interest strength. The Photogrammetric Record 22(120): 321-35.