Professor Emeritus (Ph.D. Michigan, 1961)--land use planning, population geography, Pacific Rim region, East Asia and aerial photo interpretation/photogrammetry
- Office: OSH 170
- Phone: 801.581.7680
- Fax: 801.581.8219
- land use planning
- population migration
- aerial photography and remote sensing
- remote sensing of land resources
- the presence of Asians in the Intermountain West
- Ph.D. - University of Michigan (1961)
- "The Diffusion of Buddhism in Japan", submitted to the International Conference on Geography of the ASEAN Region, 25th to 29th October, 1994, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- "Chinese Economic Activity in Southeast Asia" submitted to the Conference of the Rocky Mountain-Great Plain Division of the AAG. October 1994 in Salt Lake City, Utah.Pungsu (geomancy) in Korea: theory and practice with reference to diffusion to ancient Japan. Turning period of Korean Geography. Kyohak Sa, 1993, pp. 565-621.
- A study of handmade paper (washi) in ancient Japan with reference to Korean migration. Geography in Discovery, the 27th International Geographical Congress, Technical program abstracts, Washington D.C., 1992. pp. 348-349.
- "Landscapes of Fortune: The Practice of P'ungsu and Aesthetic Influences in Korea". Submitted 1992 to the University Research Committee
- A Study of Kogoishi (Mountain Fortresses) of Western Japan, The Geographical Journal of Korea, Vol. 17, No. 17, pp. 83-112, Seoul Korea, 1991.
- Buddhas in Bas-relief at the Ruins of Komasaka Temple in Shiga Prefecture, Japan. The Liberal Arts at Sapporo University, pp. 73-101, Sapporo, Japan, 1991.
- A Study of Shinto Shrines in Ancient Japan with Reference to Korean Migration, The Geographical Journal of Korea, Volume 14, pp. 1-30, Seoul, Korea, 1989.
- Vestiges of Korean Migration on the Sanin and Hokuriku Region in Ancient Japan, Journal of Geography, Vol. 14, pp. 229-247, Seoul, Korea, 1987.
- A Study of the Aya and Hata Clans in Ancient Japan with Reference to Korean Migration, The Geographical Journal of Korea, Vol. 10, pp. 413-434, Seoul, Korea, 1987.
- Prospects of Modern Geography, Sangdang Geography, vol. 5, pp. 42-45, Chongju, Korea, December 1986.
- Iron Smelting in Ancient Japan with Reference to Korean Migration, The Geographical Journal of Korea, vol. 10, pp. 1-15. Seoul, Korea, 1985.
- "Aerial Photo Scale," Sangdang Geography, Vol. 4, pp. 7786, Cheongju University, Cheonju, Korea.
- The Impact of Korean Migration on the Kanto Region in Ancient Japan, December issue of Series of Geography, Vol. 9, pp. 65-84, Seoul, Korea, 1984.
- Re-evaluation of the Term KIKAJIN (migrants from overseas) as Applied to Korean Migration into Ancient Japan. Proceedings of XXXI International Congress on Human Sciences in Asia and North Africa, Vol. II, pp. 822-823, Tokyo, Japan, 1984.
- The Trends of KIKAJIN (migrants from overseas) Study in Japan, Series of Geography, Vol. 10, pp. 129-141, Seoul, Korea, 1983.
- Analysis of Land Use Changes Around Salt Lake City Using LANDSAT Digital Data: A Case Study of Sandy Area. Proceedings of the 3rd Asian Conference on Remote Sensing, December 4-7, 1982, pp. B-6-a to B-6-15, Dacca, Bangladesh.
- "Geography and Remote Sensing Techniques," in The Geographical Journal of Korea, Vol. 7, Seoul, Korea, 1982.
- Computer Land Use Mapping with LANDSAT Data with Reference to CHEJUDo in South Korea, The Geographical Journal of Korea, Vol 6, pp. 17-30, Seoul, Korea.
- Computer Land Use Mapping with LANDSAT Data, Proceedings of the Second Asian Conference on Remote Sensing, October 29-November 4, 1981, pp. C-4-13, Beijing, China.
- Status of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing in Japan, Journal of the Japan Society of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing, Special Issue 20-22, Tokyo, Japan, 1981.
- Land Census in South Korea, The Korea Research Institute for Human Settlement, Seoul, Korea, p. 89, 1980.
- Agricultural Land Use in Korea, GeographySeries, Korean Geographical Society, Seoul, Korea, p. 89, 1980.
- Computer Aided Land Use Mapping from Satellite Data in MOGPO, South Korea, The Geographical Journal of Korea (Chirihak Yeongu), Vol. 5, November 1980, pp. 17-29, 1980, Seoul, Korea.