Professor Emeritus (Ph.D. Pennsylvania, 1978)--urban geography, economic geography, population geography, migration analysis, urban & regional development, quantitative methods
- urban & economic geography
- migration analysis
- population geography
- urban & regional development
- quantitative methods
- Ph.D. - Regional Science, University of Pennsylvania (1978)
- Tiit Tammaru and Thomas Kontuly. “Selectivity and destinations of ethnic minorities leaving the main gateway cities of Estonia.” Population, Space and Place. Vol. 17, No. 5, pp. 674-688. Published, 09/2011.
- "Legal Status and Economic Mobility among Immigrants in the Early Twenty-First Century: Evidence from the "New Gateway of Utah" by Thomas N. Maloney and Thomas Kontuly. In Migration in the 21st Century: Rights, Outcomes, and Policy. Routledge: New York. Published, 12/2010.
- Thomas Kontuly. "Changing Interregional Human Settlement Patterns in Germany and Other Developed Countries.” Informationen zur Raumentwicklung, Heft 11/12, pp. 826-829. Published, 11/2008.
- Herman J. Bierens and Thomas Kontuly. “Testing the Regional Restructuring Hypothesis in Western Germany”. Environment and Planning A, Vol. 40, No. 7, pp. 1713-1727. Published, 07/2008.
- Thomas Kontuly and Tiit Tammaru. “Population Sub-Groups Responsible for New Urbanization and Suburbanization Tendencies in Estonia during the 1990s”. European Urban and Regional Research, Vol. 13, No. 4, pp. 319-336. Published, 10/2006.
- Hermanus. S. Geyer and Thomas Kontuly. " Historical Perspectives on Differential Urbanization” in On the Threshold of an Urban World: Urban Patterns, Processes and Paradigms in the Early 21st Century. Edited by George Pomeroy and Gerald R. Webster. University Press of America. Published, 06/2006.
- Thomas Kontuly and Hermanus S. Geyer. “Lessons Learned from Testing the Differential Urbanization Model.” Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie, Vol. 94, No. 1, pp. 124-128. Published, 01/2003.
- Michael L. Washington, Thomas Kontuly, Wu Xu, and et al. "The impact of an immunization registry on immunization services and patient flow in a private pediatric clinic". Pediatric Research Volume: 51. Issue: 4. Part 2. Page: 164A. Published, 04/2002.
- Thomas Kontuly. "Contrasts of the Counterurbanization Experience in European Nations". In Migration into Rural Areas: Theories and Issues edited by P. J. Boyle and K. H. Halfacree. John Wiley: London, pp. 61-78. Published, 04/1998.
- Thomas Kontuly, Ken R. Smith and Tim Heaton. "Culture as a Determinant of Reasons for Migration". Social Science Journal, Vol. 32, No. 2, pp. 179-193. Published, 04/1995.
- Hermanus S. Geyer and Thomas Kontuly. "A Theoretical Foundation for the Concept of Differential Urbanization" in International Regional Science Review, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 157-177. Published, 07/1993.
- Kontuly, T. "The Deconcentration Theoretical Perspective as an Explanation for Recent Changes in the West German Migration System," Geoforum, Vol. 22, No. 3, pp. 299-317. Published, 07/1991.
- Thomas Kontuly and Herman J. Bierens. "Testing the Recession Theory as an Explanation for the Migration Turnaround". Environment and Planning, A, Vol. 22, No. 2, pp. 253-270. Published, 02/1990.
- Thomas Kontuly and Roland Vogelsang. "Explanations for the Intensification of Counterurbanization in the Federal Republic of Germany", Professional Geographer, Vol. 40, No. 1, pp. 42-54. Published, 03/1988.
- "Tendenze allacontrourbanizzazione nella Repubblica Federale Tedesca: 1950-1979" (Counterurbanization Trends in the Federal Republic of Germany: 1950-1979). In La rivitalizzazione delle aree metropolitane (Metropolitan Revitalization). Edited by M. C. Gibelli. CLUP, Milano, pp. 137-163. Published, 06/01/1986.
- Daniel R. Vining, Jr. and Thomas Kontuly. "Population dispersal from major metropolitan regions: an international comparison". International Regional Science Review Volume: 3 Issue: 1 Pages: 49-73. Times Cited (in Web of Knowledge): 128 (from All Databases). Published, 07/1978.