- website: www.newworldexploration.com
- Remote sesing of vegetation and geology
- Spatial distribution of Petroleum microseepage
- Ph.D. - Geography, Kansas University (1967)
- Master of Arts - Geography, Colorado University (1964)
- Bachelor of Science - Geology, Oklahoma University (1957)
- McCoy, R.M., 2012, On the Edge: Mapping North America's Coasts, New York: Oxford University Press.
- McCoy, R.M., 2012, Alfred Wegener, a chapter in The Great Scientists, London: Thames and Hudson.
- McCoy, R.M., 2006, Ending in Ice: The Revolutionary Idea and Tragic Expedition of Alfred Wegener, New York: Oxford University Press.
- McCoy, R.M., 2005, Field Methods in Remote Sensing, New York: Guilford Press.
- McCoy, R.M., Blake, J.G., Andrews, K.L., 2001, Detecting hydrocarbon microseepage using hydrocarbon absorption bands of reflectance spectra of surface soils, Oil and Gas Journal, May 28, vol. 99.22, pp 40-45.
- Sohn, Y., McCoy, R.M., 1997, Mapping desert shrub rangeland using spectral unmixing and modeling spectral mixtures with TM data., Photogrammetric Engineering and Remote Sensing, vol 63, pp 707-716.
- McCoy, R.M., Editor, Special Publication, 1996, Exploration For Oil With Radiometrics, Association of Petroleum Geochemical Exploration, SP#4, 190p.
- McCoy, R.M., 1994, Probability mapping of multi-element concentrations in vegetation and soil associated with oil fields, Bulletin of Association of Petroleum Geochemical Explorationists,
- McCoy, R.M. and L.F. Scott, 1994, Probability Mapping of biogeochemical data obtained from soils and vegetation over oil fields, Proceedings of the Tenth Conference on Remote Sensing for Exploration Geology, San Antonio,
- Bammel, B., R. McCoy, Y. Sohn, and G. Nash, 1994, Mapping spectral reflectance of sagebrush in the Little Buffalo Basin Oil Field, Wyoming, Proceedings of the Tenth Conference on Remote Sensing for Exploration Geology, San Antonio,
- Scott, L.F. and R.M. McCoy, 1993, Near-surface soil and plant chemical properties over a deep, structurally-complex reservoir (Lodgepole Oil Field, Summit County, Utah), Bulletin of Association of Petroleum Geochemical Explorationists, vol 9, p. 45-68.
- Nash, G., and R.M. McCoy, 1993, The use of high resolution spectroscopy in the determination of geobotanical anomalies associated with gold placers, La Sal Mountains area, Utah. Proceedings of the Ninth Conference on Remote Sensing for Exploration Geology, Pasadena, p.767-778.
- McCoy, R.M. and S.A. Young, 1993, Sagebrush associated with lineaments shows influence of hydrocarbon microseepage in high-production areas of the Altamont-Bluebell oil field. Chap. in Geology and Energy Resources, Uinta Basin of Utah, eds. Fouch and Nuncio.
- Young, S.A., and R.M. McCoy, 1990, Association among Landsat TM data, hydrocarbon microseepage and geobotanical anomalies in the Uinta Basin, Utah, Proceedings of the Int'l Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium, College Park, pp. 975-978.
- McCoy, R.M., L.F. Scott, P.J. Hardin, 1990, The spectral response of sagebrush in areas of hydrocarbon production, Proceedings of the Seventh Conference on Remote Sensing for Exploration Geology, Calgary.
- Scott,L., R. McCoy, L. Wullstein, 1989, Anomaly may not reflect hydrocarbon seepage: Patrick Draw Field, Wyoming, revisited, AAPG Bulletin, v.73, pp. 925-934.
- McCoy, R.M. and K. Clem, 1986, The use of surface geochemical surveys to support lineament analysis in selection of well sites, Bulletin of Association of Petroleum Geochemical Explorationists, vol. 2, pp. 37-45.
- Havertz, M.J. and R. M. McCoy, 1985, Combining remote sensing and geochemistry to estimate oil production in the Uinta Basin, Bulletin of Association of Petroleum Geochemical Explorationists, vol. 1, pp. 85-101.