Assistant Professor (Ph.D. Arizona State University, 2013) -- GIS; urban and environmental planning; quantitative methods; spatial analysis; spatial optimization; infrastructure and transportation system.
- Office: Bldg 73 Room 203
- phone: 801-581-8730
- Personal Website
- Urban & Environmental planning
- Quantitative methods
- Spatial analysis & optimization
- Infrastructure and transportation system
- Ph.D. - Geographical Sciences and Urban Planning, Arizona State University (2013)
- Master of Science - Industrial Engineering (Operations Research) Arizona State University (2012)
- Master of Science - Geographic Information Systems and Remote Sensing, Peking University (2009)
- Bachelor of Science - Geographic Information Systems, Zhengzhou University (2006)
- Introduction to Geo-programming (GEOG 1180)
- Web GIS (GEOG 5165/6165)
- Spatial Modeling with GIS (GEOG 5160/6160)
Awards and Honors:
- 2012-2013 Benjamin H. Stevens Graduate Fellowship, Regional Science Association International
- 2012 Graduate College Completion Fellowship, Arizona State University
- 2012 Student Travel Scholarship, GIScience 2012, Columbus, OH
- 2012 Best Student Paper Award, 2nd Place, AAG Spatial Analysis and Modeling Specialty Group, New York, NY
- 2012 Graduate Student Travel Award, Arizona State University
- 2011-2012 Graduate Research Support Award, Arizona State University
- 2011 Transaction in GIS Best Student Paper Award, University Consortium for Geographic Information Science Summer Assembly, Boulder, CO
- 2011 Student Travel Scholarship, International Geospatial Geocoding Conference, Redlands, CA
- 2009-2010 Graduate Fellowship, Arizona State University
- 2008 Excellent Academic Study, Peking University
Refereed Journal Articles and Book Chapters
- T. H. Grubesic, R. Wei and A. T. Murray. “Spatial Clustering Overview and Comparison: Accuracy, Sensitivity and Computational Expense”, The Annals of the Association of American Geographers, vol. 104(6), pp. 1134-1156.
- R. Wei, A. T. Murray and Rajan Batta. “A Bounding Based Solution Approach for the Continuous Arc Covering Problem”, Journal of Geographical Systems, vol. 16(2), pp. 161-182.
- R. Wei and A. T. Murray. “Evaluating Polygon Overlay to Support Spatial Optimization Coverage Modeling”, Geographical Analysis, vol. 46(3), pp. 209-229.
- A. T. Murray, R. Wei, and T. H. Grubesic. “An Approach for Examining Alternatives Attributable to Locational Uncertainty”, Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design, vol. 41(1), pp. 93-109.
- R. Wei and A. T. Murray. “A Multi-objective Evolutionary Algorithm for Facility Dispersion under Conditions of Spatial Uncertainty”, Journal of Operational Research Society, vol. 65, pp. 1133-1142.
- S. J. Rey, A. T. Murray, T. H. Grubesic, E. A. Mack, R. Wei, L. Anselin and M. L. Griffin. “Sex Offender Residential Movement Patterns: A Markov Chain Analysis”, The Professional Geographer, vol. 66(1), pp. 102-111.
- A. T. Murray and R. Wei. “A Computational Approach for Eliminating Error in the Solution of the Location Set Covering Problem”, European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 224(1), pp. 52-64.
- A. T. Murray, T. H. Grubesic, E. A. Mack, R. Wei, S. J. Rey, L. Anselin and M. L. Griffin. “Convicted Sex Offender Residential Movements”, In Crime Modeling and Mapping Using Geospatial Technologies, edited by M. Leitner, 51-71 (New York: Springer).
- R. Wei and A. T. Murray. “Spatial Uncertainty in Harvest Scheduling”, Annals of Operations Research. DOI: 10.1007/s10479-012-1178-2.
- T. H. Grubesic, A.T. Murray, W. A. Pridemore, L. P. Tabb, Y. Liu and R. Wei. “Alcohol Beverage Control, Privatization and the Geographic Distribution of Alcohol Outlets”, BMC Public Health, vol. 12, pp. 1015.
- R. Wei and A. T. Murray. “An Integrated Approach for Addressing Geographic Uncertainty in Spatial Optimization”, International Journal of Geographical Information Science, vol. 26(7), pp. 1231-1249.
- R. S. Middleton, M. J. Kuby, R. Wei. G. N. Keating and R. J. Pawar. “A Dynamic Model for Optimally Phasing in CCS Infrastructure”, Environmental Modelling & Software, vol. 37, pp. 193-205.
- A. T. Murray, T. H. Grubesic, R. Wei and E. A. Mack. “A Hybrid Geocoding Methodology for Spatio-Temporal Data”, Transactions in GIS, vol. 15(6), pp. 795-809.
- P. J. Maliszewski and R. Wei. “Ecological Factors Associated with Pandemic Influenza A (H1N1) Hospitalization Rates in California (USA): A Geospatial Analysis”, Geospatial Health, vol. 2(1), pp. 95-105.
Refereed Conference Proceedings
- R. Wei and A. T. Murray. “Achieving Dispersive Goals and Objectives in Locational Planning” (extended abstract), GIScience 2012, Columbus, OH, USA. 2012
- L. Ding, X. Zhang, R. Wei, H. Ma and Q. Li. “An Ontology Based Prototype for Geocoding Offset Addresses”, World Congress on Software Engineering, vol. 2, pp. 239-243. 2009
- R. Wei, X. Zhang, L. Ding, H. Ma and Q. Li. “A Knowledge-based Agent Prototype for Chinese Address Geocoding”, Geoinformatics 2008, In Proceedings of SPIE, vol. 7146, pp.71461D-1-71461D-10. 2008