Professor Emeritus (Ph.D. Oregon State, 1965)--biogeography of major vegetation formations of the Intermountain West, soil investigations
- biogeography of major vegetation formations of the Intermountain West
- soil investigations
- wetlands of the intermountain west
- 1994. With D. Duff, M. Wilkins, M. Nackowski, and A. Hreha. Indexed bibliography on stream habitat improvement. U.S.D.A. Forest Service. 198 p.
- 1994. With S. Poreda. Vegetation recovery following five in an oakbrush vegetation mosaic. Great Basin Naturalist. 54: 380-383.
- 1991. Variation in N2 fixation (C2H2 Reduction) associated with rhizosheaths of Indian ricegrass. American Midland Naturalist. 125:76-81.
- 1989. Evaluation and significance of associative dinitrogen fixation for arid soil rehabilitation. Arid Soil and Rehabilitation 3:259-265.
- 1989. With L. Scott and R. McCoy. Patrick Draw revisited: A remote sensing and ecological evaluation of the vegetation anomaly in the Patrick Draw Oil Field, Wyoming. AAPG Bulletin 73:925-934.
- 1988. With R. McCoy. Mapping iron and manganese concentrations in sagebrush over the Blackburn Oil Field, Nevada. Proceedings of International Symposium on Remote Sensing of the Environment, 5th Thematic Conference: Remote Sensing for Exploration Geology, Houston, Texas.
- 1988. With L.F. Scott and R.M. McCoy. A closer look at the Patrick Draw oil field vegetation anomaly. Proceedings of International Symposium on Remote Sensing of the Environment, 5th Thematic Conference: Remote Sensing for Exploration Geology, Houston, Texas.
- 1987. The significance of associative nitrogen (N2) fixation and arid soil rehabilitation. 7th International Symposia on Environmental Biogeochemistry - Workshop Volume. UNESCO 15 p. Typed.
- 1986. With R. Neilson. Comparative drought physiology and biogeography of Quercus gambelii and Quercus turbinella. American Midland Naturalist 114: 259-271.
- 1986. With R. Neilson. Microhabitat affinities of Gambel oak seedlings. Great Basin Naturalist 46: 295-298.
- 1985. With C.E. Bristow, G.S. Campbell and R. Neilson. A finite element simulation of water uptake through rhizosheaths of Oryzopsis hymenoides. Physiologia Plantarum 65:228-232.
- 1985. Biogeography of Gambel oak. Proceedings of the Third Utah Shrub Ecology Workshop. Cooperative Extension Service. Utah State University. pp. 1-3.
- 1985. With A.R. Harker. Evidence for two non-identical subunits from Azotobacter vinelandii. J. Bacteriol. 162:651-655.
- 1983. With R. Neilson. Biogeography of two southwest American oaks in relation to atmospheric dynamics. J. of Biogeography 10:275-297.
- 1982. Establishment of associative nitrogen fixing grasses on metal mine tailings. U.S. Bureau of Mines Published Contract Report #J0205054. U.S. Dept. of Interior. 40 p.
- 1982. With A. Harker. Nonconfirmation of nodulation in Artemisia ludoviciana. American J. Botany 69:160-162.
- 1981. With A. Harker. Resolution of two subunits from the molybdenum-iron protein of Azotobacter vinelandii II nitrogenase. J. Biological Chem. 256: 11981-11983.
- 1981. With A. Harker. Transfer of 15N2 to closed systems in the field. Soil Biol. Biochem. 13:535-536.
- 1981. With S. Pratt. Scanning electron microscopy of rhizosheaths of Oryzopsis hymenoides. J. Am. Bot. 68:408-419.
- 1980. Nitrogen fixation associated with rhizosheaths of Indian ricegrass used in the stabilization of the Slick Rock Colorado Tailings Pile. J. of Range Manage. 33:204-206.
- 1980. With R. Neilson. Catkin freezing and acorn production in Gambel oak in Utah 1978. J. Am. Bot. 67:426-428.
- 1980. With R. Neilson and J. Tucker. Hermaphroditic flowers in Gambel oak. J. Am. Bot. 67:1265-1267.